Courses You Can Study with a Student Visa



Courses You Can Study with a Student Visa

If you still do not know what course to do with your student visa, here we are going to tell you which ones you can choose. We have good news, with them you can also study and work in Australia at the same time, except if you decide to do an intensive course. There are basically three types of studies you can do:

English courses: general English, intensive or preparation for official exams
VET or vocational courses: courses in various professional branches such as marketing, business, tourism, etc.
Courses at the university: here we talk about a bachelor (degree), master, and postgraduate.
Next, we explain you one by one.

ELICOS English courses with your student visa for Australia
The English courses in Australia, also known as ELICOS courses (English Language Intensive Courses for Overseas Students), are taught in more than 200 official schools approved by the Australian government. It is one of the options most chosen by foreign students seeking a better future and quality education in Australia. They are of three types:

General English
With the general English courses, you will learn the language and strengthen the 4 basic skills: reading, writing, listening and speaking. You can start them at any time of the year and with any level of English, since you take an exam to place yourself at an appropriate level, from the most basic, if you require it.

It lasts between 3 months and two years and with the schedules, you will be able to work part-time!

READ This:  Canada Visitor Visa Application

Intensive English
Do you prefer something faster? Don’t worry, the intensive ELICOS courses have the same objectives as the general ones, but in a much shorter period of time. They can last between two weeks and three months. You can review our article on visas for Australia and find out what other visas are convenient for you if you prefer to stay less than three months.

Official certificates
If obtaining an English certificate is what you are looking for, such as TOEFL, IELTS, or Cambridge, this is the ideal one for you, since you will receive all the necessary preparation to achieve the highest grade and get your official title. This will give you great advantages to get a job in Australia or anywhere in the world. Now you know.

VET courses with your student visa
The VET courses, or the Vocational Education and Training courses are ideal for those who already have a sufficient level of English to function in their daily lives and prefer to enroll in other studies in Australia.

They are very varied and are grouped into various academic branches: You can study from health, design to sports, through education, business, tourism, etc.

Study at the university with your student visa for Australia
Additionally, in Australia, it is possible to undergo higher studies for students from other countries. You can start or continue a university degree or do a graduate degree. In the best of cases, you can access a scholarship or an exchange.

Recommended for you

Leave a Reply