Canada Immigration Eligibility



Canada Immigration Eligibility

Canada is one of the most immigrant-friendly countries in the world and a major hotspot for global immigrants. The Canadian government through its numerous immigration streams is looking for economic immigrants to add value to the robust economy and also to tackle the issue of the skilled labor shortage.

There are numerous immigration streams like the Federal Express Entry Program, Federal Skilled Worker’s Program, Provincial Nominee Program, and a lot more. Notwithstanding, applicants must satisfy all eligibility criteria to be eligible to apply under any of the immigration streams.

To qualify, applicants must meet the following requirements; proof of funds, educational qualification, documentary proof, language proficiency, and work experience. Foreign skilled workers who wish to apply under the Federal Skilled Workers Class are required to score a minimum of 67 points out of a possible 100 in the assessment grid. Understanding these requirements will give you a clearer insight.

Educational Background :

One of the factors that can help you gain maximum points on the eligibility calculator is your level of education. Applicants who have obtained a doctorate are most likely to score the highest points. Nonetheless, the minimum educational requirement that you need for Canada’s Permanent Residency application is a high school or secondary school diploma. Furthermore, you need to present an ECA report that is endorsed by the WES to the appropriate authorities. This report is fundamental as it provides proof that your education meets the Canadian standard.

Age Factors :

18-35 years is the age requirement for permanent residency under economic immigration streams. It implies that the applicants falling under this age can gain high points, thus improving their odds of getting a Canadian PR with less hassle. The points decrease as the age increases. Assume you surpass the age of 35 years, the obtainable points will be reduced.

READ This:  Canada Immigration Through Express Entry

Complete Work Experience Requirements :

The Canadian Government has shown consistent interest for the people who have a high-range of experience and skill-set, so they can be able to fill the gap of the skilled labor shortage. Applicants are required to have at least one year of work experience to be able to apply for Canadian PR. The work experience must be paid, as a voluntary internship or unpaid work experience does not count. It implies that you must have worked for at least 30 hours weekly and 1560 hours in a year. This would earn you high points in the Canada Immigration Eligibility Calculator.

Language Requirements :

Proficiency in both English and French is an added advantage especially if you are keen to understand the diverse cultural heritage of Canada. Being proficient in any of the official languages will help you assimilate and adjust to the diversified community. Applicants are required to satisfy the minimum language requirement to be eligible to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residency Visa. Approved tests such as IELTS for English and TEF for French. The test score is based on the following; reading, writing, listening, and speaking. Your language test score will determine if you are eligible to apply.

A Proof of Sufficient Funds :

Evidence of funds is a fundamental statement that you must submit. It implies that you have adequate money to cater to your financial obligations and your accompanying family member in Canada after the immigration.

The table below shows the minimum proof of fund to immigrate to Canada.

Number of family members Funds required (in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,960
2 $16,135
3 $19,836
4 $24,083
5 $27,315
6 $30,806
7 $34,299
For each additional family member $3,492

READ This:  Canada Visitor Visa Application

Who Does Not Needs Proof Of Funds

You do not need to provide proof of funds if the following apply to you:

If you are applying under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

You are approved to work in Canada and also, you have a valid offer of employment, regardless if you apply under FSWP (Federal Skilled Workers Program) or FSTP (Federal Skilled Trades Program).

Recommended for you

Leave a Reply